For Bookings Call
Chertsey Punt - Chris Smith, Tel 01784 245127
Molesey Punt - Mick Laver, Tel 07852 564236
BACAS are very fortunate to have 2 fishing punts permanently moored on the River Thames. The punts are moored at Chertsey and Molesey locks, both are fully licensed and equipped with oars and anchor chains. The River Thames at times can be very moody, with sport some what spasmodic along some stretches, however in the weir pools of Chertsey and Molesey you always have constant moving oxygenate water, which encourages the fish to feed.
Molesey lock very near to Hampton Court has a much slower feel to it, being just up stream from the mouth of the River Mole, this area is favourite for large river Carp, the river record around this area we believe is 30lbs. Many other river species abound in the weir and lock areas, good catches have been taken around the many river boats moored in the area.
Specific rules in addition to General Rules:
1. Punts must be treated with respect and left in a clean and tidy state
2. The padlock and chains must be used to secure the punt and loose items to prevent theft
3. Be considerate to other river users at all times and do nothing to jeopardise continued mooring rights
4. Be courteous to lock keepers and show your ticket on demand
5. Bookings may be made with the relevant punt officer
6. A returnable key deposit of £1.00 will be levied, keys should be returned at the earliest opportunity
7. The punt keys are a different pattern from normal membership key’s which must not be used as damage could result
8. Please notify any committee member of damage or water logging, etc, immediately